Statement CITY ID - Information concerning Coronavirus (Covid-19)
Considering the global spread of the Coronavirus (COVID-19), we have summarized how CITY ID will act in the interest of our guests and our staff. By this we are able to continue delivering our promise of the best place to stay in our hotels.
Our hotels will not only follow the recommendations and instructions from the local health authorities, we go above and beyond. The security and well-being of our employees and guests are always our highest priority.
We remain open as normal, but in some cases with a limited service. We are already considered as one of the cleanest hotels in Amsterdam and yet we have increased our cleaning routines. All apartments are thoroughly cleaned by microfiber technique, all touchpoints receive extra attention. On the day of arrival we use hospital-grade electrostatic disinfection machines to sanitize the apartments, and after this the apartment front door will be sealed and only to be entered by the new guest.
The electrostatic disinfection is also used public areas and elevators. We have implemented disinfection stations throughout our public areas, bars and restaurants and offer you the same control in the comfort of your apartment upon request.
Also our main focus is to avoid large crowds in the hotel. Therefore we have a quicker Check-In procedure than usual. Guests arriving with more than one person in their party, can immediately use the apartment. Only the contact persons registers the party. Also, at some locations a Drive Thru Check-In can take place in the garage, so guests can take the elevator to a floor without even entering the lobby.
On one hand our staff are under strict orders to stay at home if they show the slightest symptoms of the virus. On the other hand they are trained to recognize signs that might indicate an infection, address them properly, isolate and contact the local health authorities.
Of course, we will monitor the ongoing situation at all times and shall adapt our course of actions to the necessary measures. However, should an illness actually break out in the hotel, we will inform the local authorities and take immediate joined action to further protect the health and safety of all other individuals within the hotel.
Increased hygiene and service standards implemented during Corona
- Online and contactless check-in when you book directly with us
- Contactless payments by credit and debit cards only, the hotels of CITY ID are cashless
- Plexiglass screens at reception desks
- Clear signage throughout the buildings
- Sanitized key package
- Individual welcome pack with Nespresso cups, tea and condiments*
- Elevator access restricted to guests of one Studio or apartment
- Hotel directories have been replaced by a Guest Information App with chat functionality
- Sanitized TV remote controls
- Additional disinfectant supplies are available upon request
- Anti-bacterial kits can be purchased with our Guest Service Pro team
(hand gel, wipes, spray and 2 pairs of gloves)
- All kitchen equipment and tableware is washed prior to arrival
- Cleaning routines have increased, with higher frequency and sanitation of high touch areas
- Hospital-grade electrostatic disinfection machines to sanitize public areas and elevators
- Hand sanitizer stations in our public areas and restrooms
- Food handlers are required to work with gloves
- A la carte breakfast or breakfast inclusive tray/box
- Room Service
- Grocery Service
- We keep our distance and do not shake hands
- Staff with symptoms stay at home and are not allowed in the hotels
- Outside restaurant guests are welcome with reservation only and accepted after triage
Our heartfelt thoughts go out to those who are affected by this unprecedented event and our appreciation to the healthcare workers, local authorities and governments who are working on the frontline across the globe in the fight against this pandemic.
We thank you, on behalf of all our staff for your confidence, and promise that we will do our best to play a key part in your comfort and well-being.
Only together can we all ensure the return of easy and carefree travel.
With warm regards,
Team CITY ID